Okay, I've got this

I've just spent the past 4 hours trying to fix my blog.

Good news is, I figured it out.

It only took 2 hours of frustration, reading tutorials, trial and error and then about 10 minutes of doing a live chat.  I should have started with the live chat, I just hate showing up to those things looking absolutely clueless.  I was only a tiny bit clueless.

I guess with Siteground, if you use the sitebuilder tool to set up your website (which is the recommendation for beginners), it will most likely take you to Weebly to do so.  If you use the manage tool under domain, it will take you to Wordpress.  You cannot use both, since that just confuses everything.

Luckily the friendly chat guy, Alexander I., was able to disable one of the two so they wouldn't fight each other anymore.   I decided to disable Wordpress.

I know, I know, Wordpress is supposedly the best, but after spending over an hour on the Wordpress tutorial and not being able to make much sense of it, I decided to just stick with what I know.  I gave it a full effort, I promise, but it just wasn't working for me, and this is not the first time I've tried using Wordpress.   So I am editing on Weebly for now, and it's going very well.

I have a few blog posts, and even set up my entire podcast section of the website.  I am very happy with the relative ease of editing and the overall look of the website.  It is actually very addicting to want to add more blogs and keep going, but it is almost 2 in the morning, and I've got to go to bed.

Oh!  I also figured out the security setting.  I was able to enable (for free) some kind of encrypting service on Siteground and now it no longer says 'not secure' when I open my website.  Hopefully it is fine now.  I did ask the chat guy and he said I was good to go, so we'll see.

Overall I made a lot of progress today and feeling pretty good about it! 


Money spent: $64
Money earned: $0


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Locked out

My money blog journey

How to build a website