My money blog journey

Hi.   So...what is this blog exactly?   This is my journey to see if someone (mainly me) can actually make money by writing a blog.

Let's be clear. 

I've had a personal blog for the past 7 years, so I have experience writing a blog, but I've never tried to make money from it.  In fact, it's private, so money was never a factor when starting that blog.  But now...well, I need money. 

Also, I have been writing professionally for years so it's not like I'm just out of the blue deciding to write and try to get paid for it.  I do have some experience, although it is a mixed bag.  I've had millions of views from my articles published through familyshare.com, but my novel published late last year never took off.  If you're interested in it, you can check it out here

Between my blogging and writing experience, I thought, maybe I should write a public blog and make some extra dough that way.  Actually, I've thought about it for years.  I have gone back and forth and in between, and it just never really happened.

So here I am, a few weeks after my last birthday where I made a commitmment that this would be the year I would follow through on this whole blog thing, and I'm starting a real blog.  A blog I have to pay money to start (that's a real commitment) and a blog that can also house a podcast, vlog and who knows what else.  The possibilities are endless.

On the side, I am writing this blog, a blog designed specifically for people like me who want to write, want to share, but don't know how.  This blog will follow my journey step-by-step to see if this blogging thing really works, because I have no idea if it will or not.  I promise to share EVERYTHING.  Not just the good, but the bad and ugly as well.

So take a breath, hang on, and join me on my money blog journey!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Locked out

How to build a website